SATELLITE HUBS AND CLUBS
80+ schools across London sign-up to host ‘satellite clubs’. London Youth Rowing provides 5 indoor rowing machines and a community coach. These clubs are linked to on-water ‘hubs’, where free taster sessions are provided. It’s a Sport England funded initiative, that also spans across a variety of other sports.
Many of our SHaC schools have never encountered rowing programs before. So, the aim of this programme is to:
- Provide the tools needed for maximum engagement and participation
- Create sustainable rowing clubs, that would continue to run, led by the school, without LYR input
- Encourage participants to make the move to water rowing
The Row4Results initiative joins London Youth Rowing with Tideway, whereby LYR holds a series of indoor rowing events and competitions between boys and girls from years 7 & 8. It runs both in schools, and community youth centres across London.
The programme aims to:
- Ensure that rowing is accessible to everyone, regardless of their background and previous experience
- Connect and reconnect Londoners with the River Thames
With the help of the John Lyon’s Charity grant, this Learn-2-Row programme looks to introduce young people from north-west London boroughs, to water sports. These sessions are delivered to groups that wouldn’t ordinarily have access to bodies of water.
The aims of this programme are:
- To offer young people at youth clubs, the opportunity to experience rowing on and off the water
- To engender life skills through rowing to those who wouldn’t typically get the opportunity to experience it
Back to Our Programmes